Tom Scott - 17/09/2017
Title: We have a compelling vision
Text: Matthew 28:18-20
Theme: Jesus is the one calling us
Date: September 18, 2017
Good News! Last week Dennis and I were able to figure out what was happening with our audio recordings of the sermons. It appears that there were a couple of knobs that were turned off and they were preventing the sound from transmitting from the microphones to the computer. If you check out our website at www.cumberlandchristianchurch.
1. Visioning seeks a preferable future whether you are talking about your life, a business or the church. What is your vision for life in the next four to five years?
2. Jesus instructs his disciples to therefore go and make disciples of all the world. The rest of the scriptures outline how the disciples did just that. What message did the disciples take with them and where did they go with this message?
3. Yesterday, I mentioned that we need to both grasp God’s vision for the church and capture it in our hearts. How would you grade yourself when it comes to knowing and understanding God’s vision for the church today?
4. During the message, I mentioned the importance of being able to articulate the vision of the church to others. If you were asked to share the vision for Cumberland with a family member or friend; what would be your response?
5. It is important that we not only know God’s vision for the church; but that we follow through with it. Jesus said we are the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Do you have a list of individuals you are going to as you seek to impact lives for God in a positive way?
That one individual who can radically transform the community might be you. The next Esther might be the person sitting next to you this Sunday at church. I’m excited to see where this series of messages takes us. Let’s prepare to gather together again this Sunday as we continue to look at Matthew 28:18-20. Until then, have a great week!
In His Service,